Thread: Karaoke: mp3+g zip vs seperate mp3 + cdg files

Karaoke: mp3+g zip vs seperate mp3 + cdg files

Cannot remember if I posted this yet or not.
    Has anyone noticed any advantage of a .zip for karaoke over the having the files separately? I would imagine there is some extra processing involved for the software to have to extract the from the zip before playing; but, was wondering what the majority here use.... Any thoughts?

I normally use the separate mp3+g files. hard drive space is cheap now that you can fit more on an average drive than you use to be able to do. Zip files were only good for downloading and storing in one simple file that contains the mp3+g pairs inside the zip to save space.
    I am not a DJ or Karaoke Host, I am a Professional Karaoke Soundman.

I have to agreed with Danny.

I prefer zip files, I just find it 'cleaner' to have one file for each song. The files are pretty small so there really isn't much space saved by zipping them, I just do it for organizational purposes
    DJ, Karaoke, Sound Reinforcement

cory@corynick.com

Now that I have a software whose database handles mp3 tags to import the songs into the database taking away the need to worry about naming conventions it's even better that I use separate files.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyG2001 View Post
    Now that I have a software whose database handles mp3 tags to import the songs into the database taking away the need to worry about naming conventions it's even better that I use separate files.
    I switched softwares again and I took mp3+g pairs and converted them to a single file that is the same size or smaller than the two MP3+G files combined. And I can still use the same files with my backup laptop running my old software. So basically my backup drive contains the same format as my main setup.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    I am not a DJ or Karaoke Host, I am a Professional Karaoke Soundman.