Thread: New DJ Chat Member

Post Thanks / Like

New DJ Chat Member

Hello DJ Chat!

I'm a relatively new Mobile DJ in Oklahoma City... That's in Oklahoma for the geographically challenged (LOL).

I've participated in another DJ forum for the past 8 months or so, but decided to look for a more congenial group. I've been trying to post in here for the past month, but my account was locked. Fortunately, with help from steve149 and Sid Vanderpool, I'm now able to participate.

I've read a lot of excellent posts in this forum and hope to share experiences with you. I'm new to the DJ profession, but I have many life experiences. I'm a recently retired Information Technology professional (since September 30, 2014), having managed IT shops in Federal and State government and in large international manufacturing companies like BASF, Trinity Industries, and SulzerMedica.

Music has been my hobby for many decades, so I'm trying to turn my passion for music into my vocation (that's VOcation not vacation). I'm fortunate that I can focus on my new business, and I'm able to start slowly; taking only one gig per month. I'm having a good time exploring new music genre's and tinkering with all the technology (audio and lights).

I look forward to meeting other DJ's through this forum.

Best Regards

2. Thanks A Sharp thanked for this post
    Likes Paige Vanderpool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Aboard Bobcat,
    I'm sure your IT background will serve you well, and I'm positive you will be a great source of technical advice for those of us (me especially) who are new to the computer/digital age. I spent the last 25 years with CD's, and only in the past few months have completed my transition to MacBook Pro's (two identical units - Main and Secondary back-up). It took me a lot of time to get my act together, and I envy your background -- Because I bet you didn't have any technical glitches while setting up.
    On the other side-- those of us with the many "long-tooth" experience credentials will probably be of help to you as well.

4. Likes Paige Vanderpool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tombone View Post
    Welcome Aboard Bobcat,
    I'm sure your IT background will serve you well, and I'm positive you will be a great source of technical advice for those of us (me especially) who are new to the computer/digital age. I spent the last 25 years with CD's, and only in the past few months have completed my transition to MacBook Pro's (two identical units - Main and Secondary back-up). It took me a lot of time to get my act together, and I envy your background -- Because I bet you didn't have any technical glitches while setting up.
    On the other side-- those of us with the many "long-tooth" experience credentials will probably be of help to you as well.
    Well... no glitches on the computer side, but the audio side has not been without a learning curve. I still have a couple of things to work out. I've had component stereo systems and have been mixing computer technology with my stereo system and TV systems for years, but using a DJ controller, wireless microphones and PA systems are all new for me. I didn't find DJ forums until I had already purchased most of my gear. There are things I would definitely do differently if I knew then what I've learned from this forum.

Thanks for the welcoming, and I look forward to our future conversations😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Paige Vanderpool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome aboard Cat

8. Likes Paige Vanderpool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bobcat. Nice to meet you again.
    DJ Stevie Ray
    Stevie Ray Entertainment is the Premier Entertainment company in North East Pennsylvania.
    Blizzard Lighting LLC. Forum Administrator

10. Likes Paige Vanderpool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is a little late but welcome to the boards!
    Paige Vanderpool
    Music Magic Events