Thread: DDJ-SX2 Coffins and Cases

DDJ-SX2 Coffins and Cases

I'll probably venture out to a local store to take measurements and look at the hardware used on the coffins and cases for the DDJ-SX2. I am toying around with the idea of building a custom case - I have the tools and some left over extrusion from my photobooths. Since it's not 'Mounted', how exactly is the controller secured in the case? Is it wedged in the foam, strapped or is there some way to actually attach it? Traditionally I have been a 19" rack guy, so this is new territory for me. Thanks!

Most of the glider cases are similar to the picture below (that one for a Denon MC6000) .. foam padding .. rigid foam "shelf" that holds the controller in the middle of the case. And a gliding top, with foam under it, that slides over the controller and locks it down for transport .. foam riding over an area with no controls. Without a glider, you'd need more foam in the cover.

Steve Montambault, Copper Sound
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

Exactly.....I'd recommend adding an LED Strip light on the upper shelf for lighting......cheap, easy, and a nice touch for a cool light effect! Clients love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by steve149 View Post
    Most of the glider cases are similar to the picture below (that one for a Denon MC6000) .. foam padding .. rigid foam "shelf" that holds the controller in the middle of the case. And a gliding top, with foam under it, that slides over the controller and locks it down for transport .. foam riding over an area with no controls. Without a glider, you'd need more foam in the cover.

Riptide Entertainment.....catch the wave !