Thread: JBL XTREME Wireless Speaker

Post Thanks / Like

JBL XTREME Wireless Speaker

I have been looking at the JBL XTREME wireless speaker at Best Buy. Do you think they are sufficient for musical presentations in senior centers? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No .. If looking for light and quick, I'd go with the AA ELS GO 8BT .. not the greatest sounding unit, but very easy to set up, runs for hours on a charge, has a decent mixer .. plays off SD cards, USB sticks and Bluetooth .. or hardwired. I paid $320 for a pair at the DJ Expo. Good for events that don't need a lot of sound, but you'll get more than the JBL.

http://www.adj.com/els-go-8bt
    Steve Montambault, Copper Sound
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Steve. It's the best $177 I ever spent on a Speaker

If you want something that sounds better, I'd go with PYLE Battery Powered Speaker. I have one of these, and it came with VHF band Lavalier head set, and microphone built in. The mics are cheap, but they work "ok". The speaker sound quality is better than the ELS 8 Go BT, but the ELS will get louder. Pyle PPHP109WMU - You can find it on Ebay for $169.86 New. The FM Radio on it is very weak though...almost doesn't work. Bluetooth works great on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steve149 View Post
    No .. If looking for light and quick, I'd go with the AA ELS GO 8BT .. not the greatest sounding unit, but very easy to set up, runs for hours on a charge, has a decent mixer .. plays off SD cards, USB sticks and Bluetooth .. or hardwired. I paid $320 for a pair at the DJ Expo. Good for events that don't need a lot of sound, but you'll get more than the JBL.

http://www.adj.com/els-go-8bt
    Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey DJ Dick good name.

Years back I knew of a DJ called Big Dick Entertainment. He was a 340 pound DJ. That's all I know though.
    Simply a professional DJ/MC making events more memorable.