Thread: Confetti Cannon Clean Up

Confetti Cannon Clean Up

For those who use confetti cannons for private events in venues (reception, prom, corporate, birthday, etc), do you get yelled at by the venue/banquet manager about the cleanup?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Randy L View Post
    For those who use confetti cannons for private events in venues (reception, prom, corporate, birthday, etc), do you get yelled at by the venue/banquet manager about the cleanup?
    Only if we were to leave it for them to do.
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

While I do not own a confetti canon, I used to have some photobooth props that would 'shed' (you know feathery glittery things drunks rip apart). Typically, if I have a good relation with the hall (or if it's a new relation with a hall that has been pleasant to date) I often hang out and talk shop with the owners and managers for as little while after the guests are kicked out. During this time, I'll often either help or offer to help sweep up my areas, break down any of their tables I used etc. (there's no expectation but if the people in the hall like you, you have a leg up with them for future business). That being said, there are a few halls I absolutely can't stand working with around here for various reasons - I can't say I always extend that same courtesy to them (I'll pick up some big chunks by hand or whatever, but the main object is to normally get out of there ASAP).

So, my advice, if I were to use something like this in a hall, I may extend a warning to the client stating they may want to check their hall's contract or 'clear it' with the manager prior to using such a fixture. I would also apologize to the person in charge in advance and ask if I can perhaps borrow a broom to help sweep up a little bit at the end - it doesn't have to be perfect, just show an effort.

As part of our agreement it's their responsibility to deal with it.

Just like the feathers from a fresh feather boa photobooth prop - the stuff gets everywhere. It's pretty amazing how far a crowd can make it go.
    last night a CDJ saved my life
    http://www.facebook.com/inthemixcanada

Should probably contact venue prior to use of it. Many venues in NJ have a $500 clean up fee in their contract that they charge the client if no approval was given. SOme may approve of it if you are the one cleaning it, but now you're adding 30 min to your breakdown or losing a staff member as this stuff gets EVERYWHERE

If any part of your service creates any need to clean up a mess and you have not obtain pre approval from the venue, host, and or management to create said mess, simply put , you are responsible for cleaning up your own GD mess.

Otherwise your a selfish, lazy, UN-referable douchebag, and I mean that in the most unflatteringly prejudicial & judgmental way!
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg
    Father/Husband/Son/Brother/American

Quote Originally Posted by djrox View Post
    If any part of your service creates any need to clean up a mess and you have not obtain pre approval from the venue, host, and or management to create said mess, simply put , you are responsible for cleaning up your own GD mess.

Otherwise your a selfish, lazy, UN-referable douchebag, and I mean that in the most unflatteringly prejudicial & judgmental way!
    Some probably don't flush the toilet after making a mess, or, wash their hands. No approval needed. It should be common sense to clean up after one's self.
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdj View Post
    ...common sense...
    Not so common in contemporary behavior and what some offer as "sense" is better spelled "scents", as in stank.
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg

Quote Originally Posted by djrox View Post
    Have you ever said anything that you DIDN'T mean in just that way?

(the preceding message was meant as humor. if it was not perceived that way, or simply was NOT humor to begin with, my apologies)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausumm View Post
    Have you ever said anything that you DIDN'T mean in just that way?

but never to you...Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg