Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Style of Booking Wave is turning again

I, like Taso, have been building my photo and video library for quite some time and feel it is important to do so in this day and age. I have a good collection of uplighting photos and action videos. Whenever an inquiry is received, I try to showcase my work in the client's chosen venue by attaching uplighting photos and links to video recaps, all from their venue. It's been a great help over the last couple years with regards to booking potential clients, I only wish the local economy was in better shape.
    Regards, Steven Milani
    www.musicmaestrodj.com
    steve@musicmaestrodj.com
    'FBT / RCF Speaker Aficionado'

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I, like Taso, have been building my photo and video library for quite some time and feel it is important to do so in this day and age. I have a good collection of uplighting photos and action videos. Whenever an inquiry is received, I try to showcase my work in the client's chosen venue by attaching uplighting photos and links to video recaps, all from their venue. It's been a great help over the last couple years with regards to booking potential clients, I only wish the local economy was in better shape.
    I'm the opposite. More often it's the customer who brings me a photo of something they like and a vague idea for their own event.

I do up lighting for example but, I don't photograph it because it's not the lighting I'm trying to sell. It's me - the creative process and talent that I want to be known for, where the customer comes to me with a rough diamond that needs to be cut and polished. What they really want isn't pictured - it's only imagined and my challenge is to show them an affordable way to achieve it.

Most of my customers have already been to Pinterest and they're asking me: "can we..." rather than "show me.." Working solely from referrals is very different because there really isn't any moment when being hired is an uncertainty. It's simply a matter of finding the limits. I don't need action video because I have the confident testimony of other people the customer already knows and trusts. I'm also not an "entertainer" so, I'm not trying to showcase personal dance instruction, or other routines, etc. I bring in dancers and entertainers when and where I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance View Post
    I'm the opposite. More often it's the customer who brings me a photo of something they like and a vague idea for their own event.

I do up lighting for example but, I don't photograph it because it's not the lighting I'm trying to sell. It's me - the creative process and talent that I want to be known for, where the customer comes to me with a rough diamond that needs to be cut and polished. What they really want isn't pictured - it's only imagined and my challenge is to show them an affordable way to achieve it.

Most of my customers have already been to Pinterest and they're asking me: "can we..." rather than "show me.." Working solely from referrals is very different because there really isn't any moment when being hired is an uncertainty. It's simply a matter of finding the limits. I don't need action video because I have the confident testimony of other people the customer already knows and trusts. I'm also not an "entertainer" so, I'm not trying to showcase personal dance instruction, or other routines, etc. I bring in dancers and entertainers when and where I need them.
    This explains why you charge the same as your staff. Your are just a DJ that plays music and it appears you have no advanced entertainment/interaction skills. Cookie-cutter mold.
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdj View Post
    This explains why you charge the same as your staff. Your are just a DJ that plays music and it appears you have no advanced entertainment/interaction skills. Cookie-cutter mold.
    Insight must be your forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance View Post
    Insight must be your forte.
    So you agree, you're just a vanilla cookie that is getting moldy as you age
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4