Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What works best for you to getting yourself more clients to book you?

Question What works best for you to getting yourself more clients to book you?

I don't know if this is in the wrong location or not but I know if it is it will be placed in the right location. I have a partner that I work with and my reason for asking this question is because he loves to say that people know us. I keep telling him they don't really know us or at least the right people don't know us. I'm asking this question because even though I do have my back issue and I am 59 I would like for us to be a lot more busier then we are right now. We have a retirement party to do in either January or February. We're working on Christmas Day believe it or not. Next year the same people who have us working on Christmas Day want us to come and work at any functions they have next year. I'm grateful for that. That's special to me because of who it is and I highly thank them and God for the opportunity.

So what works best for you to get new clients to book you so you can stay busy working and making some good money also? I didn't mention repeat clients because we get them at times. Like the retirement party is coming form a gay wedding we did June. They like what we did and somebody there liked what we did, so they want us to do this retirement party. That's great and when things like this happen I say thank you for the compliment. With that being said what works best for you? Is it online presence, word of mouth, referrals, social media, your website (which we don't have one up right now)? We did have a couple of websites up years ago but we never got any bookings from it. So what would you suggest and please no slick comments as this can also benefit others on here as well and thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention I do have a couple of FB pages up. One personal and one with the business name.

1) High quality online presence: Website and Social Media

2) Follow up with the other professionals in the wedding industry that I work with

3) Highly targeted, but conservative, marketing spend

Getting booked is basically about two things: Providing a high quality service, and making sure people know about it. I think you probably have issues on both right now.
    Ross Anderson
    DJ & Managing Director
    Bela Sono Music

1) no partners
    Steve Montambault, Copper Sound
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

Quote Originally Posted by YourDJBuddy View Post
    Getting booked is basically about two things: Providing a high quality service, and making sure people know about it.
    I can tell you one thing, based upon my 30 years in advertising...
    Ross is correct.

You can be great at what you do.
    You can have the best equipment, tools, and products available.
    You can be the most talented, experienced professional there is.
    You can be the best looking guy out there.
    And you can spend thousands of dollars to have the best website ever made.

But, if no one KNOWS any of this....it doesn't get you any business.

That's why Word of Mouth advertising is the best.
    But it requires exposure...
    so you have to DO gigs to GET gigs.
    (and you have to do a great job at those gigs as well)

We all have a slow (slower) season. It seems like no one is calling then suddenly the surge of calls begins and dates start filling up quickly. Patience is what works. When scrambling for bookings it puts you in a do anything mode and keeps you in the pit with low paying jobs.

Doing a wedding show or two may work, sad thing is, too many super cheap DJs are in those nowadays.
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Excellent Ross!
    Quote Originally Posted by YourDJBuddy View Post
    1) High quality online presence: Website and Social Media

2) Follow up with the other professionals in the wedding industry that I work with

3) Highly targeted, but conservative, marketing spend

Getting booked is basically about two things: Providing a high quality service, and making sure people know about it. I think you probably have issues on both right now.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by steve149 View Post
    1) no partners
    So you must be single.

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdj View Post
    So you must be single.
    Not in the past 32 years ...
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

Not in the past 32 years ...
    Maybe Rockin is wanting to hookup Steve?
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by sonic-vision View Post
    I have enough nightmares already ...

No way can he replace my dog.

He is all yours

I knew you would have a good answer! LOL

He is all yours
    Larry

He is all yours
    For hooking up, you can have your dog ...

For hooking up, you can have your dog ...
    I don't chain (hookup) my dog. He gets to run freely and chase the female dogs. Just hope none of them come-out and say he ...... them when they were pups. May need dog insurance

You all are sick. Go see a therapist right away. Thanks all for what I from you all so far. Time to go to work. Prayer and no action is a waste.

Time to go to work.
    Mix, I thought you retired?
    Larry

Mix, I thought you retired?
    I retired from my day job. I was talking about putting in more to get more DJ work. Not easy all the time due to my health issues.

Understand Mix. Hope your heath turns for the better? Are you on Medicare?
    Larry

Understand Mix. Hope your heath turns for the better? Are you on Medicare?
    Yes and I got some things sent to me because I have Medicare. I have Blue Cross which is my primary insurance. I just got to read the instructions to find out how everything works.

My 2 big issues is I can't lift the tops on the stands and my friends won't let me retire from DJing. They say what else would I do with my time. They are right including my DJ friends.

Quote Originally Posted by djmachoman View Post
    Yes and I got some things sent to me because I have Medicare. I have Blue Cross which is my primary insurance. I just got to read the instructions to find out how everything works.

My 2 big issues is I can't lift the tops on the stands and my friends won't let me retire from DJing. They say what else would I do with my time. They are right including my DJ friends.
    That's fine, but like I've said a number of times, you haven't had a gig in a long time that required the size of gear you have. Do yourself and your back a favor and scale down. You could easily do any gig you have posted about in the past 4 years on a pair of RCF EVOX 8 (or similar) without issue and at a WHOLE LOT less weight. I used to bring my Yorkville Unity system for events (84 pound tops and 120 pound subs) but my back couldn't keep up with it and it was hard to fit everything without a trailer. My EVOX can cover 150+ people without an issue. If I need more, I'll rent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast