Thread: Christmas music is fading out

Christmas music is fading out

Last night did my 3rd Holiday Party in December thus far. Christmas music was limited to play none at one party, another party after 15 minutes the client said okay that's enough Christmas stuff do some contemporary music hereafter, last nights weekday party the client requested one Christmas song only to be played when the big boss come up to the stage.

The good thing people are staying and dancing hard for hours after eating and awards/prizes.

Have another Holiday Party I do every year this weekend, I know they hate Christmas music to be played so I don't even attempt it. In fact cocktail and dinner music before dancing is a lot of 60s-70s rock that appeals to them. Very loud group.

And for you guys/gals here, what's up with your Holiday Parties?
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

I noticed a similar trend starting a couple of years ago. In my area, the crowd seems OK with X-Mas during social/cocktail hour, but when they get to dinner music they seem happier with soft oldies, then — when the party starts into dance-mode-- all contemporary and "club-dance" style seems to be the dance floor filling choice.
    Can't say anybody actually "hates" Christmas music in this area-- but I see the shift towards less of the Christmas goodies I used to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by tombone View Post
    I noticed a similar trend starting a couple of years ago. In my area, the crowd seems OK with X-Mas during social/cocktail hour, but when they get to dinner music they seem happier with soft oldies, then — when the party starts into dance-mode-- all contemporary and "club-dance" style seems to be the dance floor filling choice.
    Can't say anybody actually "hates" Christmas music in this area-- but I see the shift towards less of the Christmas goodies I used to rely on.
    I think it stems from being bombarded by all things Xmas starting before Thanksgiving.
    Steve Montambault, Copper Sound
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

It is not a trend, new or old, it is merely an audience by audience issue. I get as many requests and "Thank You" for playing Christmas music as I get requests to not at all.

Some want it some do not, read your audience and program/mix accordingly.

Merry Christmas to 1 & all!
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg
    Father/Husband/Son/Brother/American

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32155 [/ATTACH]
    I think it stemthumbs up.pngs from being bombarded by all things Xmas starting before Thanksgiving.
    I would have to agree Steve!
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by sonic-vision View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]32155 [/ATTACH]

I would have to agree Steve!
    Some stores the Christmas stuff comes out in July. Soon Easter stuff will be out, and those candy eggs will be rock hard and taste bad by then. Just like wedding Hersey kisses, they usually taste old! But they paid for them.

Haven't done a lot of Holiday parties in the past few years...
    the ones I have done seem a lot like what you describe.
    Especially with leaving early.

I had one this past weekend.
    200+ people
    Xmas music all through cocktails and dinner
    it was only open bar during cocktails
    No prizes
    people stayed till the end

I am hoping THIS is the new trend!

Those that don't wanna hear it have been shopping and/or listening to radio stations that play it. I haven't heard much Christmas music this year, but I've been singing and playing those songs at gigs.
    Bob DeYoung

It is hard to be in the holiday spirit here when you are surrounded by fires. Just doesn't seem like December weather around here.
    The No-Hype DJ:
    When you can't afford the best...
    I'm one of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust123 View Post
    It is hard to be in the holiday spirit here when you are surrounded by fires. Just doesn't seem like December weather around here.
    Hope all settles down there soon. Stay safe and keep the positive music playing!

Maybe I should put together a fire themed playlist.
    The No-Hype DJ:
    When you can't afford the best...
    I'm one of the rest.

Better to put together a fire & brimstone prayer list.

Prayers sent to all those potentially in harms way.

Dear Lord,

We come penitently asking for Your divine safety and protection over your children. As You have instructed, we pray, for You are able to keep, take care of, and bring to pass the things that we commit unto You in prayer. Lord, we commit all things into Your hands and pray that You watch over the cities and communities currently in harms way. May You cloak each in your protective embrace and keep them safe in all ways.

Because We trust in You to watch over our community of neighbors, friends and loved ones, We thank You for allowing Your peace to rest upon us and our every concern.

We ask these thing in Your name, Christ's name, and the name of the Holy spirit.

Amen.

...can't hurt, Stay safe!
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg
    Father/Husband/Son/Brother/American

You'd have some sweet dance music if you did ...
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, Yamaha DXS12, RCF EVOX 8

My daughter lives in Woodland Hills.
    She's not in a panic just yet...
    but she IS wondering what will happen when she comes back East for the Holidays.
    Stay out of harm's way, Sawdust

Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash for the opener or Burning for You - BOC? Most would say Fire - Ohio Players but that's not being creative enough.

Quote Originally Posted by steve149 View Post
    That's hot!