Thread: Marquee Letters

Marquee Letters

Anyone know a manufacturer for marquee letters?

We've had the odd inquiry and for the rental price I'm wanting to add some to our inventory.
    last night a CDJ saved my life
    http://www.facebook.com/inthemixcanada

Quote Originally Posted by nickthevj View Post
    Anyone know a manufacturer for marquee letters?

We've had the odd inquiry and for the rental price I'm wanting to add some to our inventory.
    Something like these...
    marquee letters.jpgmarquee love letters.jpg

A lot of the guys here have been making them themselves... however you can look on etsy and I think eliminator lighting makes something close

Marquee letters is just a fad I assume. Usually the B&G make their own of some sort in most cases.

It's here today gone tomorrow. Just like chocolate fountains. Truss lighting at weddings. Even Candy Dessert Bars have faded. Wedding Cakes are becoming rare too. Up-lighting has slowed as a pay for it add-on. So has Monograms, video/projector screen setups too. Karaoke is essentially dead now at weddings. Us to get 15-20 clients add it on every year, nowadays 2 or 3 a year. Last year I dropped the add-on rate from $250 to $150 and still no increase in takers for Karaoke.

What's next?
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by rockingdj View Post
    Marquee letters is just a fad I assume. Usually the B&G make their own of some sort in most cases.

It's here today gone tomorrow. Just like chocolate fountains. Truss lighting at weddings. Even Candy Dessert Bars have faded. Wedding Cakes are becoming rare too. Up-lighting has slowed as a pay for it add-on. So has Monograms, video/projector screen setups too. Karaoke is essentially dead now at weddings. Us to get 15-20 clients add it on every year, nowadays 2 or 3 a year. Last year I dropped the add-on rate from $250 to $150 and still no increase in takers for Karaoke.

What's next?
    The ones Nick and I are referring to are about 4-5ft in height. Not something you can pick up at a hobby shop or make and transport easily. The add on cost is much more than $250 from the people I know renting them out.

Nick, there are far too many companies in our area renting this type of letter. IMHO, they are not worth the investment to purchase nor the space required to store them. I bought those Eliminator ones last year and they were complete GARBAGE! Great idea BUT pi$$-poor construction so I sent them back right away and never looked back.
    Regards, Steven Milani
    www.musicmaestrodj.com
    steve@musicmaestrodj.com
    'FBT / RCF Speaker Aficionado'

Quote Originally Posted by captd108 View Post
    The ones Nick and I are referring to are about 4-5ft in height. Not something you can pick up at a hobby shop or make and transport easily. The add on cost is much more than $250 from the people I know renting them out.
    I realize that. I've seen the big ones and smaller ones but most often a banner made by the client. More cost effective and easier to transport. I feel it's a fad, not worth the investment/storage space and precious vehicle/van space to haul them in for a DJ. Let the novelty shops do it
    Heavy weight lifter, karate, oh, I DJ too. Life is good!

Do your clients want their wedding to look like every other pinhea...I mean, pintrest wedding?
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg
    Father/Husband/Son/Brother/American

I'm looking for the bigger ones... it's too bad the Eliminator ones were poor quality.

While there's some popping up in our area I do think that it's an easy add-on for us... we already do photobooths, lighting, etc... why not make more.