Thread: Website problems

Website problems

My entire website is littered with question mark symbol throughout the text.

Any Ideas on how to fix?

Steve Montambault, Copper Sound
    Audio - Rane MP25, A&H ZED12FX, Denon MC6000mk2, Denon DN-HC4500, JBL PRX612m, RCF EVOX 8

It's a coding issue. If you migrated your content from somewhere else, browsers are no longer able to recognize whatever code was represented at those positions. Try the migration again and adjust whatever parameters are available with respect to the contents encoding.

The question mark could literally be anything that was on the previous page (visible or not) for which the code still remains, like div tags, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance View Post
    It's a coding issue. If you migrated your content from somewhere else, browsers are no longer able to recognize whatever code was represented at those positions. Try the migration again and adjust whatever parameters are available with respect to the contents encoding.

The question mark could literally be anything that was on the previous page (visible or not) for which the code still remains, like div tags, for example.
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately what you said just went over my head. LOL. Is there another way you could break it down for me so I can try to fix it? It's been almost two weeks and the company that hosts my website still has not fixed it.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by craigdj View Post
    Thank you for your response. Unfortunately what you said just went over my head. LOL. Is there another way you could break it down for me so I can try to fix it? It's been almost two weeks and the company that hosts my website still has not fixed it.

Thank you
    Purchase some tech support and stop begging for cerebral handouts.

Sounds like you already went cheap when picking a hosting company so I suggest you don't go cheap on the tech support help you clearly desire and need.
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg
    Father/Husband/Son/Brother/American

Quote Originally Posted by djrox View Post
    Purchase some tech support and stop begging for cerebral handouts.

Sounds like you already went cheap when picking a hosting company so I suggest you don't go cheap on the tech support help you clearly desire and need.
    As usual you have such an elegant way of belittling a person. How you are still allowed to sit on this forum and insult people all day long is beyond me.

As usual you have such an elegant way of belittling a person. How you are still allowed to sit on this forum and insult people all day long is beyond me.
    ...also get some larger panties, yours seem to be all bunched up.

As usual beggars can't deal with being called out and how you believe you should be taken seriously with almost 6 years here, only 44 posts and a virtually empty and completely useless profile is beyond me.

craigdj.jpg
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg

As usual you have such an elegant way of belittling a person.
    P.S. Thanks!
    Rocky 'djrox' Bourg

What does 6 years and only 44 posts have to do with anything? I don't live on this forum. Obviously you have a problem because most of your responses to people on this website are negative and insulting. What happened to the good old days when you were banned from this site for a while I miss that. Or was that just a dream that I had? I'm not the first one to complain so obviously there was a problem with you

Thank you
    How did you get the content onto the site?
    Did you perhaps cut and paste it from somewhere else and into some kind of wizard or template for the new site?

Quote Originally Posted by Proformance View Post
    How did you get the content onto the site?
    Did you perhaps cut and paste it from somewhere else and into some kind of wizard or template for the new site?
    I entered it onto a template on a program called site builder . We Dj.com is the host.

I entered it onto a template on a program called site builder . We Dj.com is the host.
    Did you use only the WeDJ Site builder tools, type directly to it, or did you cut and paste things from another site, or desktop applications?

I used the WeDJ tools, template and HTML codes. Over the weekend I erased all the question mark in the editor and everything seems to be fine now. WeDJ says it's not on there end and that it is probably the publisher changing the templates. I don't know why that would affect a site that has been up for years. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks' for your help.

I used the WeDJ tools, template and HTML codes. Over the weekend I erased all the question mark in the editor and everything seems to be fine now. WeDJ says it's not on there end and that it is probably the publisher changing the templates. I don't know why that would affect a site that has been up for years. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks' for your help.
    A question mark means there is a piece of code or character at that point not recognized by the template's coding language or syntax. That would happen if you cut and paste content from somewhere else (because the code and invisible characters are also copied) or if the template/site code changes and certain tags are no longer supported. The latter is unusual because supporting legacy content is kind of important.