Thread: Just a bit curious...

Question Just a bit curious...

Who else has had their posting and reading rights frozen at DiscJockeyAmerica?

I have sent 2 e-mails to the admins of the board, over a 3-week period, asking the "why's" of the posting/viewing ban. And I haven't heared as much as a peep back. Does the board still work?

I thought maybe my cookies were messed up, but I cleared them. I even did the automated password retrieval and I'm still registered.

If this is an "us vs. them" thing, I'm afraid I really don't want to be a part of it.

I guess the part that kinda irks me is Drax, Peace, and Mitchum have posting rights here and elsewhere and I can't even view "their turf."

I have tried to have this answered privately, but the powers-to-be leave it to the public forum to get answers.

So, who else can't read, see, or post over there?
    Ken Petersen
    YouTube // Blog
    Enhance the client.

I haven't tried but I'll bet that *I* can't.

Scott

Ken,

Just few things to clear up. There is no US vs them. We are simply requalifying the membership, eliminating people that register 7-12 different usernames, those who really offer nothing in the way of positive dialog & only drop by for a fight. Those that only seek hostility, to me I can do without them. fighting for the sake of fighting is pretty stupid.

Now, since NIETHER Peace, Todd, Or Myself OWN or have ANY ownership of DJA, how does it become "our turf"? Secondly, why should it "irk" you where I can post? I mean the general tenor I get here is that most don't agree with Mark, Todd, Me, or DJA or what we are seeking to do that is different, so why would you even care that you couldn't read there?

I have sought to be polite, & respectful of others & of the rules set down here by SID.

Yet I have been called, a cultist, a member of the "ranch", a stepford DJ, a one trick pony, a "Yuck", and a variety of other less than savory names. Since myself & my collegues at DJA are so well respected by so many here, why would you even be concerned what is at DJA?

BTW I was ASKED here, even invited here by the SITE Owner a few months back with a post asking where I was, when I was trying to reach out to people to end this petty ass fueding, from what I have seen recently, I see it got me alot, alot of the same ol BS that has always pervaded these site battles. iT just isn't worth it.

Would it make you feel better if I was restricted here? Oh OOPS, forgot for a moment that I ALREADY was. See Ken there are forums where people are criticised & yet cannot view or respond, others that merely complain about it are also prevented from viewing or responding. At this point I no longer care with happens in the little boys room behind the curtain.

I am not taking issue with you Ken, just that DJA was never intended to be a general or BBS type discussion or chat board, the goals are different, they always have been, even BEFORE Mark bought the site. We were working on those changes way back then. We have discussed a number of things regarding membership & how we would try to do something different. Will it work? maybe, maybe not, but that is the great thing about opportunity.

I am there & on ***** because I moderate forums on both sites at the REQUEST of the site owners. But that hardly gives me "turf". Personally, I think people are taking this internet DJ Chat site stuff too serious. There are really more important issues facing our country right now.

I can tell you that the Admins of DJA have been out of town for over two weeks so there might be a delay from that. I don't know.

The internet is a big world, less than 5% of all USA DJ's are even online, so there is really no reason for a board war, or an US vs them kind of thinking. To be honest We could care less what others do on their sites. We are seeking to try a different approach.

To keep this from spawning an argument spanning multi pages & lot's of he said she said I will NOT respond ot this thread further. If you or anyone wishes they may contact me privately.

Respestfully,

DJ Dr. Drax
    Last edited by DJ Dr. Drax; 10-01-2001 at 12:49 AM.
    "The Revolution Continues!" Join the ADJA Today!
    Dr. Drax ADJA National President & Executive Director

"I Am The ADJA" just like you are, out of many, one heart.
    Copyright 1998 - 2005 DJ Dr. Drax
    This post, opinion and viewpoint is copyrighted information.
    It is the sole property of DJ Dr. Drax.
    Do not copy or otherwise use this information or exchange it with
    others without the expressed written consent of the author.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't... But I will respond to Drax.

Originally posted by DJ Dr. Drax
    Ken,

Just few things to clear up. There is no US vs them. We are simply requalifying the membership, eliminating people that register 7-12 different usernames, those who really offer nothing in the way of positive dialog & only drop by for a fight. Those that only seek hostility, to me I can do without them. fighting for the sake of fighting is pretty stupid.
    I have one user name that is consistant on this board, Ryan's board, Mark's board and Jim's board. The 7-12 name thing dont fly. I'll offer info if the situation warrants, but I am not a yes-man nor a cheerleadrer. And fighting is not my goal, either. So, can you come before me, and tell me I was a troublemaker? I am not seeking trouble. I am seeking answers, and not getting them. I am just truly curious who else may have been swept under the rug.
    Now, since NIETHER Peace, Todd, Or Myself OWN or have ANY ownership of DJA, how does it become "our turf"? Secondly, why should it "irk" you where I can post? I mean the general tenor I get here is that most don't agree with Mark, Todd, Me, or DJA or what we are seeking to do that is different, so why would you even care that you couldn't read there?
    It becomes your "turf" (as it felt like is was mine once, also) when the tone you take in your first paragraph gives you a possesive feel. And the "irk" comment stems from the 2-month festering of attempting to log on daily to DJA and reading a phrase that would make one feel as if they were on "internet detention."
    I have sought to be polite, & respectful of others & of the rules set down here by SID.
    Thats good, Drax! Me, too. This board, Ryan's board and DJA.
    Yet I have been called, a cultist, a member of the "ranch", a stepford DJ, a one trick pony, a "Yuck", and a variety of other less than savory names.
    Well, I know for a fact that it was not by me. That comment was more than likely aimed at others here, but since you addressed this response to me, I'll say that if thought it was I that said this to you; I will call you a bold-faced liar.
    Since myself & my collegues at DJA are so well respected by so many here, why would you even be concerned what is at DJA?
    Until that last comment, Drax, you were even respected by me. I saw you said you were having some tough times in another thread. Drax, FYI, please keep level-headed. This type of repsonse is not "you." I know that because I have read the real "You".
    BTW I was ASKED here, even invited here by the SITE Owner a few months back with a post asking where I was, when I was trying to reach out to people to end this petty ass fueding, from what I have seen recently, I see it got me alot, alot of the same ol BS that has always pervaded these site battles. iT just isn't worth it.

Would it make you feel better if I was restricted here? Oh OOPS, forgot for a moment that I ALREADY was. See Ken there are forums where people are criticised & yet cannot view or respond, others that merely complain about it are also prevented from viewing or responding. At this point I no longer care with happens in the little boys room behind the curtain.
    What are you babbleing about??? You respond to me as if I was the baby, yet read your own words.

I am not taking issue with you Ken, just that DJA was never intended to be a general or BBS type discussion or chat board, the goals are different, they always have been, even BEFORE Mark bought the site.
    I really find that hard to believe. After reading what I have read so far. I feel like some kind of scapegoat. When all I was asking was, "Who else can not log on?"

We were working on those changes way back then. We have discussed a number of things regarding membership & how we would try to do something different. Will it work? maybe, maybe not, but that is the great thing about opportunity.
    I am there & on ***** because I moderate forums on both sites at the REQUEST of the site owners. But that hardly gives me "turf". Personally, I think people are taking this internet DJ Chat site stuff too serious. There are really more important issues facing our country right now.
    I can tell you that the Admins of DJA have been out of town for over two weeks so there might be a delay from that. I don't know.
    Then, please stop speaking for them.

The internet is a big world, less than 5% of all USA DJ's are even online, so there is really no reason for a board war, or an US vs them kind of thinking. To be honest We could care less what others do on their sites. We are seeking to try a different approach.
    Well the ill-tempered "goodwill liason" just spoke. How about another burnt offering?
    To keep this from spawning an argument spanning multi pages & lot's of he said she said I will NOT respond ot this thread further. If you or anyone wishes they may contact me privately.
    You shouldn't have even responded to this thread. Drax, you really did some serious damage.
    Respestfully,
    Hardly.
    DJ Dr. Drax
    Folks, sorry about that. I really did repect Dr Drax all the way up to the point I started reading what he wrote. It's really amazing what kind of damage a person can do when they don't think "I am an ambassador" when they really are.
    Ken Petersen
    YouTube // Blog
    Enhance the client.

Second thought:

Sid, Dan, or Gary, please strike Drax's post and my response post (and this one).

It is entirely counter-productive.
    Ken Petersen
    YouTube // Blog
    Enhance the client.

This whole issue is counter productive.

Ken I think you deserve to have your questions answered, but I think they should be directed to the "owners" of DJA and not the general membership of this site.

Any member of DJA who has questions regarding their status on the DJ Chat site should direct their questions directly to the owner of DJ Chat.

How about we just close the entire thread and move it to the archives?
    Gary Orr

A basic vanilla with chocalate swirls type of DJ

Copyright 2004 Gary W. Orr
    This post, opinion and viewpoint are copyrighted information. Do not copy or otherwise use this information or exchange it with others without the expressed written consent of the author.