Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: goodbye my friends

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    201

    goodbye my friends

    Goodbye my friends. Or at least those of you whom I’ve started to see as friends.
    After all what has happened in the last weeks, I don’t want to be associated (and through visiting this site providing income) with the private owner and his n*****i drinking buddies of this so called “international” dj board.

    This site has turned out into a scary “non-community” where hatred, stupidity, ignorance, racial slurs and xenophobia are the rule.

    I wish everybody health and happiness.
    Maybe we run into each other somewhere in the next years.
    We’ll see then how much is left of the world as we know it now.

    Love,
    Calvin

    “the meek shall inherit the earth”
    "see you in a next life"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston South Shore
    Posts
    5,867

    Re: goodbye my friends

    You'll be back.

    And when you do return, you can thank the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces for trying to make the world a safer place.

    Hatred? Hardly. It's called Reality.
    Stupidity? Hardly. It's called Logic.
    Xenophobia? Hardly. It's called Patriotism.
    Racial Slurs? Hardly. It's called Ridicule.

    See ya!

    Since you're leaving, perhaps the moderators will allow me to bid farewell to The Twerp From Antwerp!

    Want to make extra money during the weekdays? Learn more about the exciting and profitable world of preschool entertainment at Bubble Parties.com!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Boston University, MA/Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    574

    Re: Re: goodbye my friends

    Originally posted by John Allo Productions
    Since you're leaving, perhaps the moderators will allow me to bid farewell to The Twerp From Antwerp!
    Grow up!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,217
    I agree. I hope Calvin stays on this board, he's a most welcome and constructive asset to us.

    Shame some people resort to name-calling when all their unreasonable, misinformed ramblings fail to get the rise they were looking for.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    356
    Is any moderator ever going to get on John Allo for his ridiculous flaming? It's completely out of control and utterly inexcusable. He's done it on multiple boards on this site and I know that I'm not the only one that's getting tired of it. This is at least the second person he's caused to want to leave the boards. Part of the appeal of DJ Chat over other DJ boards is the international perspective that we get here. Music is supposed to transcend gender, race, culture, etc. If we continue to lose international ties because of a few narrow-minded individuals, I have a feeling that a lot more people will be leaving these boards as well. It's just not worth the hassle.

    John, you call yourself a patriot and then you undermine the very foundation of our great country by attacking people for expressing their own opinions. In our country, we have the right and the responsibility to critique our leaders and their decisions. And we are allowed to voice our criticisms as loud as we feel necessary. That is the FIRST Amendment to our Constitution. Please keep that in mind.
    "Your body can't live without your mind..." <---- MC Conrad

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boston South Shore
    Posts
    5,867
    Originally posted by bsutton
    John, you call yourself a patriot and then you undermine the very foundation of our great country by attacking people for expressing their own opinions. In our country, we have the right and the responsibility to critique our leaders and their decisions. And we are allowed to voice our criticisms as loud as we feel necessary. That is the FIRST Amendment to our Constitution. Please keep that in mind.
    And then you would deny me the very same rights to critique those with whom I disagree?

    Shame on you for selectively applying the First Amendment.

    But then again, I realized my mistake by posting under a club board thread.

    I forgot just how thin-skinned many on that board are.

    I apologize for not remembering this.

    I will not post here on this board anymore.

    Buh bye!

    Want to make extra money during the weekdays? Learn more about the exciting and profitable world of preschool entertainment at Bubble Parties.com!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,217
    *Popping the champagne corks*

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Saint Charles, Illinois
    Posts
    8,015
    Originally posted by bsutton
    Part of the appeal of DJ Chat over other DJ boards is the international perspective that we get here. Music is supposed to transcend gender, race, culture, etc. If we continue to lose international ties because of a few narrow-minded individuals, I have a feeling that a lot more people will be leaving these boards as well. It's just not worth the hassle.

    In our country, we have the right and the responsibility to critique our leaders and their decisions. And we are allowed to voice our criticisms as loud as we feel necessary. That is the FIRST Amendment to our Constitution. Please keep that in mind.
    first of all, let's examine why exactly Calvin is leaving;
    Originally posted by Calvin
    After all what has happened in the last weeks, I don’t want to be associated (and through visiting this site providing income) with the private owner and his n*****i drinking buddies of this so called “international” dj board.


    now, reading that statement, you would start to feel that maybe Calvin was unwelcome here, yet, the paticular area he is refering to was spacifically labelled "America's Attacks" He clearly decided to avoid DJ Chat policies about non-American posts in one board on this site, leave the First Amendment out of it, Belgium isn't covered in our Constitution and the World Wide Web is also not covered under the First Amendment, but Sid's policies *are* the law here

    Calvin isn't being forced to leave, he choose to post unwelcome/unwanted comments in an area of DJ Chat that maybe he shouldn't have, then wondered why so many people were pissed, I'm only surprised Calvin chooses to actually leave a "good bye" note, instead of just not posting anymore, but I can respect that and I give him credit where no one else has given him, he's leaving on a civil note

    I have no quarrels with Calvin, beyond the frequent "slamming" of America on the American boards, granted, as I stated the constitution doesn't cover this board, the site owner has every right to make his own laws/bi-laws, if Sid wants to eliminate talk that may be considered "innapropriate" or discomforting to the majority of posters and/or advertising sponsors, that's his choice, cut him some slack.

    best reguards,

    Dan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    356
    Originally posted by Dan Leithem
    ...if Sid wants to eliminate talk that may be considered "innapropriate" or discomforting to the majority of posters and/or advertising sponsors, that's his choice, cut him some slack.
    I'm pretty sure that this is called discrimination . Thanks for clarifying that it's now a DJ Chat policy.
    "Your body can't live without your mind..." <---- MC Conrad

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Boston University, MA/Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    574
    Originally posted by Dan Leithem
    if Sid wants to eliminate talk that may be considered "innapropriate" or discomforting to the majority of posters and/or advertising sponsors, that's his choice, cut him some slack.
    I have no problem with that, but some of us do not understand why other inappropriate comments (such as Allo's in this thread) go untouched when they attack the majority of the posters on this board.

    And if you want to go all out and support the US, cool, but shouldn't it be in an appropriate way? It seems that comments supporting the US are encouraged EVEN IF they are inapropriate, insult someone or are just plain rude.

    Actually, I sometimes wonder if some people on this site have a pass that allows them to go around and be an ass to anyone they want while others are censored or restricted.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Saint Charles, Illinois
    Posts
    8,015
    Originally posted by bsutton


    I'm pretty sure that this is called discrimination . Thanks for clarifying that it's now a DJ Chat policy.
    are you sure? or are you just guessing? what's your point anyway? if this board *is* international, then it most certainly doesn't have to follow the constitution of the United states, therefore, discrimination is perfectly acceptable.

    If you want to debate on what is or isn't consttitutional, take it somewhere else, this is an *International* board, and, unlike John, I won't ever leave just because a few don't like what I have to say, hell! I may just decide to start posting all my non-club related topics on the club boards, since Calvin decided to take his twisted veiws of America all over the place within the past couple of weeks.

    You don't have to like America, but the site owner *is* American, if you can't respect him on his own site, you need to leave, and I back Sid up 100%

    Calvin has been able but unwilling to keep his comments of America off the America Attacks thread, with warnings that were given to all of us, he choose to continue, maybe he should have stuck to the board that welcomes these kinds of comments; the Club Board. As I said, i have no problem with Calvin, but don't care for what he has recently contributed to a discussion based on my country.

    Dan

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    356
    Originally posted by Dan Leithem

    ...if this board *is* international, then it most certainly doesn't have to follow the constitution of the United states, therefore, discrimination is perfectly acceptable.
    As a member of the human race, discrimination is never acceptable. Never.

    Also, I'm pretty sure that DJ Chat is an American company, and I would not be so quick to assume that just because non-American's use the site that DJ Chat is not bound by American laws.
    "Your body can't live without your mind..." <---- MC Conrad

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Saint Charles, Illinois
    Posts
    8,015
    Originally posted by DJ RB


    I have no problem with that, but some of us do not understand why other inappropriate comments (such as Allo's in this thread) go untouched when they attack the majority of the posters on this board.

    And if you want to go all out and support the US, cool, but shouldn't it be in an appropriate way? It seems that comments supporting the US are encouraged EVEN IF they are inapropriate, insult someone or are just plain rude.

    Actually, I sometimes wonder if some people on this site have a pass that allows them to go around and be an ass to anyone they want while others are censored or restricted.
    If it were any other topic, anyone could be constude as being just as "rude" as John, I've been there, as well as many others, but the current issue of America being under attack is one that is identified by the majority (including the owner) of this site, the minority should simply stay out of those discussions as they obviously know it will create conflict. Plain and simple, Calvin knew that he was stirring up confict and continued to do so, if he wanted respect than he should have respected others.

    I recall a topic (don't remember what thread it was) that Calvin called me a name because of my simple explaination of why Muslums hate America, I wasn't looking for conflict, yet, I'm am insulted? gee, the tables turn, but I still have no *other* problems with calvin and you didn't see me complaining about it either

    Dan

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    356
    Originally posted by Dan Leithem

    ...my simple explaination of why Muslums hate America...
    Do you have any idea how many Muslums live happily in America, where they are supposed to be free to practice their religion without fear of prejudice? Look it up Dan. Get your facts straight before you stereotype.
    "Your body can't live without your mind..." <---- MC Conrad

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Saint Charles, Illinois
    Posts
    8,015
    Originally posted by bsutton


    Do you have any idea how many Muslums live happily in America, where they are supposed to be free to practice their religion without fear of prejudice? Look it up Dan. Get your facts straight before you stereotype.
    the thread asked the question why do Muslims hate America, don't be a jack ass, oh yeah, I can stereotype all I want, isn't America wonderful it's called freedom of speech, since we are on the debate of what is "acceptable" or not

    and to be quite honest, I could care less about Muslims or any other people that don't consider themselves American first

    where are you taking this thread? I may request it to be moved to the main board since this is no longer a 'club" related issue

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,217
    Being a 'Muslim' is different to being an 'American' - it's like a religion. Are you suggesting that everyone in America becomes Christian just because some of the earlier immigrants have that faith?

    If you are, there are some worrying parallels that could be drawn with a 'radically thinking' leader from the 20th Century.....

    I agree the thread has diverted. Just close it or something would be my vote.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    356
    Don't worry about moving it Dan. I give up. It takes two intelligent people to have a conversation. I guess I'll talk to myself.
    "Your body can't live without your mind..." <---- MC Conrad

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Saint Charles, Illinois
    Posts
    8,015
    Originally posted by TommyCee
    Being a 'Muslim' is different to being an 'American' - it's like a religion. Are you suggesting that everyone in America becomes Christian just because some of the earlier immigrants have that faith?

    Johnny,

    no, I'm suggesting putting country before your own personal beliefs. I'm not Christian, technically, I'm considered agnostic (I guess) I am a citizen of the United States, I don't go around calling myself by my beliefs. If being Muslim is different from being an American then I choose to discriminate.

    Dan

    ______________________________

    Sutton,

    kiss my ass (see you in other threads :fu: :fu: :fu: )

    Dan

    ______________________________

    Calvin,

    good luck whatever you decide to do

    Dan

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,282

    If you don't know the whole story......

    C'mon "club" guys, i understand that you probably recognize calvin as "one of us" here in the club section, but the fact is that there has been some posts by him (on OTHER boards) that i thought were VERY inappropriate in this still very sensitive issue. (the WTC attacks)
    I have probably not even seen all of them, but i have seen enough to make me NOT like him any longer due to his insensitive postings (along with some others whose names i won't mention) and persistent disrespect to AMERICA.
    Maybe before Sept. 11th i wouldn't have been as sensitive to this kind of foreign anti-American talk, but not any more, this is simply UNACCEPTABLE behavior to me anymore and i will not sit by and let this kind of mouth-feces fester and breed without putting my PATRIOTIC AMERICAN 5 cents in.

    I have as much tolerance for someone bad mouthing America as i do for someone bad mouthing my own mother (as it should be), so i have no problem with someone "flaming" someone who so desperately asked for such treatment, that just lets me know that there are many others who are also passionate and loyal patriotic Americans who UNDERSTAND just how much blood was spilled so we could enjoy FREEDOM as we know it today.
    Never forget what so many have sacrificed in the past so that our future could be brighter.

    True friends are worth MORE than their weight in gold. (B.A.)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    I am in your living room watching porn.
    Posts
    2,330
    From John,

    Since you're leaving, perhaps the moderators will allow me to bid farewell to The Twerp From Antwerp!
    You know John, it is great to see someone here who prides himself on a site and a right as great as the first amendment, but it is really SAD to see that same person persicue and insult another when they express that same right just because thier opinion disagrees with your own. I am greatfull we have someone here like you to represent the strength, unity, and patriotism that so many of us Americans have with us at this time of need for justice. So please don't represent some of the blind stupidity and immaturty within the insults in which most of us here find very unappropiate.

    Yes, calvin if you express your opinion in an area where it is NOT welcome and you know you may very well get negative reactions from it, then you have to really decide whether or not it is necessary to post that reaction. Especially in a time like this, in a board like that, and in a site where the membership contains 80% Americans.

    Sid, I have no beef with you on this site for I respect the work and I respect the chances to be able to express my opinion and feel you have done a tremendous job at containing a very delicate situation. Though I ask you to look at some of the comments that SOME members on this site have posted and please see that if some of these posts are absolutly necessary for I am beginning to lose a little respect for the people who find it necessary to beat a dead horse even after it has been buried.
    DJ Evil E
    Evil E Productions
    Producing, Remixing, DJing for over 12 years

    I am the pride of Wisconsin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •