Thread: The Best Show Booking Software

Lightbulb The Best Show Booking Software

I know a TON of DJ services who are looking for a solution to run their DJ company. Our company has developed that answer after finding only a couple of decent programs that are way too clunky to use on a regular basis. DJ Webmin is totally web-based and allows you to keep your bookings at your virtual desk anywhere you have internet access. They is nothing better AND easier to use...don't take my word for it, check it out www.********.com . I'll look forward to replies after checking it out for yourself. We hope it helps the industry run MUCH better. - Barry Cedergren

*EDITED BY DJZONE ADMIN*

oh, new *free* advertiser?? I want in on some of that action

Who wants a free buggy whip??

Now you too can be worry free of the hastles of trying to sell yourself; no more bitchy customers to deal with, no more equipment to buy and you don't even need a business telephone line anymore to make money, Wanna know how?? become a spammer!! yes, that's right! for as little as $4,000 you too can become a member of the continiously growing population of internet "bandwidth theives" raping internet web sites free of charge/without endorsement to the web administrator.

Act now and save!!! for only $3,999.99 (charged on your credit card) we will send you, for no additional cost, information we stole from another site to teach you how to become a better "waste of time" to the internet world....YOURS FREE!!!

*shipping and sales tax not included, not available in most of the 28 continental United States, void where prohibited, some assembly required, offer ends November 28, 2001, if not completely satisfied with product within the 2 day trial period please return all contents of envelope within 48 hours of delivery to recieve 10% of what you're worth (to us), advertiser not responsible for items lost in pockets, see package for more details

Even if you're not interested in virtual "raping" of the internet, please visit our web site so it looks like alot of people have veiwed it (hit numbers) tell us what you think.......we don't really care

http://www.buyourproductorwewillharrassyou.com
    Last edited by Dan Leithem; 11-29-2001 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Dan for the inspiration, but if I helped somebody then I'm happy

Dan, I know that you are trying to prevent the whole "spamming" of advertisements in which I'm sure everybody is very glad to see. After looking again at my ad I really saw that it doesn't look like something that is other than an ad. In my attempt to change it a little more along the helpful rather than "spammy" looking it said I couldn't change it because 20 minutes went by so I'm SOL.

When I started managing a dj service a few years ago I had a terrible time keeping up with multiple bookings and shows and a couple dj's, there was no solution that was affordable or easy to use. Finding nothing out there was pathetic, now there is one and if I can help even 1 dj company with a solution that saves the worry of forgetting bookings because I mentioned DJ Webmin on this forum then I'm happy.

I'd love to hear what system you use to manage your shows/bookings Dan? Please share.

-Barry Cedergren

I could smell pork from the other side of DJ Chat

You have to understand this thread will be deleted, nothing personal but there are policies set forth that have to be followed. I understand and compliment you for wanting to help the industry (and by God, looking at our future we need all the help we can get) but your first (and second) post is obvious spam, plain and simple, you are carrying a sales message, it's one thing to "recommend"- it's a whole other thing to advertise

Granted, I'm sure your intentions weren't to just come here and sell without at least checking in and introducing yourself (not your product) to the gang here at DJ Chat, you didn't even bother to say "hi" on your first post, when you enter a stranger's house, is that how you greet them?

I *also* know a TON of DJ services who are looking for a solution to run their DJ company, but they are at least willing to pay for advertisements and don't go around "spamming" everyone in the industry. We have over 4,000 members here (even more "outsiders") and out of those members, we have quite a few that offer DJ Business related solutions, but they don't promote it here (unless asked or provoked by Scott Susor)

Now I'm just another "member" here with no powers, other than devotion to this site, to say what can or can't go on here, but I do have a voice (and I tend to overuse it here alot) when it comes to something I disagree with, and blatent abuse of DJ Chat policy (which all members know about this one) is a big on my list of things to open my mouth about.

This site belongs to Sid Vanderpool and is sponsored by many great companies, would it be fair to those that already invested their money on this site for you to "solicit" free of charge? think about it

Originally posted by DJ Webmin

I'd love to hear what system you use to manage your shows/bookings Dan? Please share.

-Barry Cedergren
    ok, I'll bite, but I already know you plan to point out all the flaws with MS software to better sell your product, so I'm going to say that I've never had problems with any Microsoft products (yeah right)

I use MSAccess for music database, customer/vendor contact and invoicing

I also use MSExcel for databasing music requests and dedications (at the show, on the lap top)

I use MSWord for contracts, itineraries, song lists, overtime sheets & evening planners

I use a four dollar Walgreen special calculator (with giant buttons) to put my prices together

and Outlook for my calendar, on the PC, lap top and Palm

all of this has worked for me since I started using computers (except the calculator, I'm on my third one now) I back everything up once a week to disc and transfer all new entries (using winzip and those little floppy disks) from my "main" PC to the laptop