Thread: Managing Your DJ Company

Lightbulb Managing Your DJ Company

Tip- Never forget about a show...you'll lose many show possiblities because of it. Word of mouth is bliss in this industry.

Use a reliable software program to enter bookings. There are a couple good ones to use like DJ Calendar or DJ Webmin (we developed) www.********.com to run your mobile dj company smooth as silk. I'm sure a ton of people will respond to this post (I hope) with a comment on what they find is good to use. I'm not saying you have to use DJ Webmin, just be sure that you use a reliable program to keep up with your shows other than a pen and a calendar on the wall.

-Barry Cedergren

**EDITED BY DJZONE ADMIN**

Access & Excel do just fine, and they are programs that I already had on my system (Office97 Pro)

incidently, I have a few simple questions you might be able to answer for me, since this board is for DJs (and you must *be* a DJ)

why can't I run a stereo microphone cable (1/4 to XLR) when using a Samson SR22 True Diversity Wireless Microphone with a Sure SM58 head?

also, why can't I have a Crown Macrotech amplifier in the same rack as a QSC PLX series amplifier?

roughly, how many people are in the bridal party of a Fillipino Wedding?
    Last edited by Dan Leithem; 11-29-2001 at 03:34 PM.

a Fillipino Wedding? let me think...

anyway

www.greatdjsoftware.com

You pay for it once and it will do everything you need it to do. And it is cheaper than Excel & Access! There is a demo you can download to see just how strong this software is. Just go to www.greatdjsoftware.com.
    <font face="Eras Medium ITC, Arial, Helvetiva" color="#ff0000" size="2"><b><i>DJ DADDY</i>
    <a href="http://www.djdaddy.com">www.djdaddy.com</a>
    <a href="http://www.soundprodj.net">www.soundprodj.net</a>
    <a href="http://www.8ohm.net">www.8ohm.net</a></b></font>

Barry- I trust that's not a company you work for and you're attempting to get free advertising and violate the DJChat rules that you agreed to. It would be a shame for me to have to lock this thread.

I use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel. I best thing with the Office Package is everything is linkable. Looks like a neat produce but not necessary.
    DJ Lee

Looks like free advertising to me.
    Nick in New Zealand
    phone +64-274-438687
    Wedding and Event DJ

...because it's worth celebrating.

I have a blog. Go on - click it!

Not Any More Nick

the details have been edited OUT unless Barry can BUY Advertising Space

have a nice day