Thread: Couldn't have said it better MYSELF!

Couldn't have said it better MYSELF!

Teddy Rock has spoken!

Looks like that "other" site has just lost its "other" prominent member permanently!

I've reproduced the text of TR's message because it sheds some light on the "mass defection" from "DJ Site Brand X"
    Topic: Final word, It's been a learning experience Topic: Final word, It's been a learning experience
    DJ Teddy Rock
    Outstanding Member

Member # 34
    posted December 02, 2001 07:33 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, No hard feelings here. Just wanted to get that out of the way first.
    Just wanted to get some things out of the way before moving on.
    BTW, Don't post a reply for me here if this thread is still open after I am gone. I will NOT be back to read it. I am changing my Home page to something I would enjoy logging into 20 times a day. If you have a comment or just want to say good bye or keep in touch for that matter, email me at pendergr@bellatlantic.net or go to my site at Five Star Productions and I will respond only by email.
    First of all, just because you are put in charge, it doesn't mean you are a leader. It just means you are the one who makes the discisions. Not that all of your discisions will be the right ones either.

With that said here goes. It upsets me that people who stop here once in a while only to post advertising for Insurance sold by associations are appreciated respected and valued more than the ones who have built this board, and visit it everyday several times a day. Their commercials are never deleted. Cheapest targetted advertising on the net. Yet if you dare question what they are selling in a stong manner you are a villian and get shut down. Let the owners of FYDJ.com and the associations pay for banners to shove in our face or actually take a part in this forum other than selling there products in our home, well former home for those of us who are sick of it!

Next: This board went from fun to a big commercial for associations. MC pionts out the false-ness of the claims of these advertisers that have enter our home and is ridiculed for it. He actually takes the time do research the claims by running searchs and post the results and he is the one cast out? He is the one who is educating us to the false claims.

Next: My personal feelings about these associations. I have the right to feel this way and the right to express it, like it or not. I have never been in any association and hey I am thriving! And like MC, I am getting bookings from the net with out having to pay that DJ Finding site a single penny. So why should I join them. This will be seen as an insult to some I am sure but, I have to explain why I don't think associations help much. I and MC the two anti associations DJ's most hated by association members are doing very well! I have been DJing for over 15 years with out the help of an association. I am completely on my own. with this said, I know of DJ's here who are members of many associations and still work for somebody elses company. If you are a DJ and pay money to be in these associations why do you still work for your Family members? Haven't you learned enough from the associations to have your very own thriving DJ Business? Just my observation.

Next: When the labels make it affordable and conveniant for CD DJ's to get POOL support on CD that is compatable with the Vinyl pools they already support, I will start standing up to DJ's who use file sharing programs. Face it, the labels don't respect or care about us, why should I care about them! I don't use file sharing, but I know NON-DJ's who do and they ride around blasting unreleased songs in there cars while I am still waiting for Slo-mo only or Tophits to put the song on an issue so i can play it in the Club or at my parties! When MM was around I actually could compete with the Vinyl guys here. Now I can't, not because of talent, but because I can't get the label/pool support they get. So be good little insignificant DJ's and make the labels happy and nothing will change. In other words (pay you british taxes/ sit on the back of the bus). As for me, I am tired of being quiet trying to gain the industry's respect! It didn't happen for the US first settlers or the african AMERICANS, and news flash people...It ain't gonna happen for us. Not as long as we don't demand it!

When I find or make a place we can hang out and just be a bunch of DJ friends who enjoy each others company, good company or bad, I will let you know! Maybe even advertise it here. It seems to be the cheepest place on the net to shove you business down DJ's throats.

Good Bye my friends, and to my foes...well you know, I don't have to say it.

PS: one last time: SHUT-UP MC!!!!!!! Love ya guy!

Note to Teddy:
    That doesn't have to be the last time!
    I'm sure you're welcome over here.....hey, they let me in didn't they???

www.dj-mc.com
    JUST SAY NO TO CHEESE!

Party Animal???

moi.....???
    www.dj-mc.com
    JUST SAY NO TO CHEESE!

So wanna tell us all what site it came from !!

thanks
    DjDennis Clark
    (In this crazy business for 35+ years)
    MySpace: http://myspace.trebleclefdj.com.au
    Facebook: http://facebook.trebleclefdj.com.au

Here's a guy that complains, yet if you look at his web site at Five Star Productions ... he is charging $300.00 for a 4 hour Wedding!!

No wonder he's booked all the time.

LOL
    Tony Valentine
    First Elected President of the American Disc Jockey Association
    "No Justice, No Peace!!

Originally posted by Tony Valentine
    Here's a guy that complains, yet if you look at his web site at Five Star Productions ... he is charging $300.00 for a 4 hour Wedding!!

No wonder he's booked all the time.

LOL
    Tony no offense here, but you get what the market bares. Not all places get $1200.00 for a wedding.

Mixmaster
    http://www.themixmaster.net
    Mike Miller
    "The Mixmaster"
    Mixmaster Professional DJ Services
    http://www.themixmaster.net
    http://www.facebook.com/MixmasterDJService

I agree, that's why when clients say to me,
    "You're too much money. I can get a DJ for half of that."

I tell them,
    "Great, after you're wedding come back and tell me if he was as good or better than me. If he is, I'll book him for $600 and send him out for $1095 and pocket the profits."

But $300 for a 4 hour wedding.... where does he live Nome, Alaska??
    Tony Valentine
    First Elected President of the American Disc Jockey Association
    "No Justice, No Peace!!

Tony 300$ for a four hour wedding is fairly common around here. Actually up here they are usually 5 hours + that's Canadian money so I figure:

300$ Canadian
    -Taxes
    -Exchange rate
    +Inflation of 0.0002932%
    -Duties
    =======
    1.53$ American

Wow you guys are lucky.

Wow...

Teddy is sitting alone at his newfound BB. I just logged in there tonight. Still got to get my images to show there.

Just my thoughts...
    Fred and Shirl - Night Wolf Entertainment. Est. 1993.
    National Membership Director, USODJA.com
    Sponsor, Annual Curves For Women Bachelor Auction.
    Lifetime member of the GAS support group.

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions. They're easier to handle than dumb mistakes.

Talking Doesn't happen very often, but......

....this time I happen to agree with Teddy.

We are both tired of the "moderator" and his heavy handed ways.

Now the Pillsbury Doughboy can play with his "made up friends" because thats the only people left at that board!
    www.dj-mc.com
    JUST SAY NO TO CHEESE!