Thread: HY SKI O'ROONEY McVOUTY O'ZOOT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up HY SKI O'ROONEY McVOUTY O'ZOOT

Does the name mean anything to anyone here on this Board?

A BIG name in the state of Pennsylvania!

Better known as 'Hyman Litman'

Better yet as 'HY LIT'

He was a Giant in the DJ Industry.
    He Died this past week. R.I.P.

I DO know of ONE Gentleman on this Board, who doesn't Visit as much as he should, who know's Exactly who I'm talking about.
    Peace On Earth...Good Will Towards Men!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,Bob,He was one of my heroes..One of the inspirations for me to get into Radio and later become a Mobile DJ..I listen regularly to hylitradio.com and even E-Mailed with him on occasion..We even discussed me coming to Philly and doing some club and Mobile Gigs for him but living in West Virginia that would have been unfeasable..I spent some time in Philly as a Teenager and listened to Wibbage..Ten or so years ago I would take bus excursions to Atlantic City and would catch him on WOGL..Hyski at one time had a Nighttime Rating of 72 on WIBG,probably the highest ever of a Radio DJ..He recently suffered from Parkinson's Disease but it was complications from Knee Surgery after a fall that did him in...I have been a little sad this week...Now that The Rockin Bird'(Joe Niagara) and Hyski are both gone...I guess that leaves the "Geator with the Heator"..Probably Bob,you and I are the only two here that "Know" these folks..RIP Hyski..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by donniles View Post
    Yes,Bob,He was one of my heroes..One of the inspirations for me to get into Radio and later become a Mobile DJ..I listen regularly to hylitradio.com and even E-Mailed with him on occasion..We even discussed me coming to Philly and doing some club and Mobile Gigs for him but living in West Virginia that would have been unfeasable..I spent some time in Philly as a Teenager and listened to Wibbage..Ten or so years ago I would take bus excursions to Atlantic City and would catch him on WOGL..Hyski at one time had a Nighttime Rating of 72 on WIBG,probably the highest ever of a Radio DJ..He recently suffered from Parkinson's Disease but it was complications from Knee Surgery after a fall that did him in...I have been a little sad this week...Now that The Rockin Bird'(Joe Niagara) and Hyski are both gone...I guess that leaves the "Geator with the Heator"..Probably Bob,you and I are the only two here that "Know" these folks..RIP Hyski..
    donniles....I'm really a little shocked that there weren't a few more that knew of HY SKI...hey maybe there are but they just weren't a Fan?
    Just as I'm NO Fan of Blavatt.
    Anyway, he was a Big Name in our local market. Thanks!
    Peace On Earth...Good Will Towards Men!